Filing a Camp Lejeune Toxic Water Exposure Lawsuit

Camp Lejeune Toxic Water Exposure Lawsuit

Filing a lawsuit for toxic water exposure is very complicated. You will need to hire a lawyer to pursue this claim. Depending on your case, you may be able to receive compensation from the government for a wide range of conditions. To start a lawsuit, you must be a camper or a former employee of the camp. To be eligible for compensation, you must have lived and worked at Camp Lejeune for at least 30 days. You must have suffered physical harm from exposure to toxic water. You may also be able to file a claim if you are pregnant – Find out more

How to Do Filing a Camp Lejeune Toxic Water Exposure Lawsuit

The first sign of contamination was when a chemist from Grainger sent a letter to the base commander advising him that the water supply wells were “poisoned.” This warning was ignored by the Marine Corps, but Ensminger was able to link Janey’s death to the contaminated water. After the initial investigation, it was discovered that a variety of dangerous compounds were found in the water. Since the contaminated water wasn’t regulated by the government, the toxic effects could be far-reaching.

The EPA has since added additional conditions to its toxic-water registry. This means that people who were exposed to the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune should be able to claim compensation for their injuries and medical costs, as well as lost wages. The attorneys at Anapol Weiss will work hard to obtain fair compensation for their clients. Compensation may include not only medical bills, but also emotional and psychological damages. The liable parties may be the federal government or other governmental agencies responsible for the contamination of the water supply, the affected businesses, or other individuals or groups. It is important to note that there is a new rule in North Carolina that allows the filing of a class-action lawsuit.